Sydney Databricks Meetup: Machine Learning engineering – Lessons learnt
- 5:25pm: Registration, Networking and Pizza
- Getting Started on Databricks Community Edition
- Machine Learning engineering with Databricks – lessons learnt
- 6:40pm: Q&A and Topics for future sessions
- 7:00pm: Networking
The first inaugural Sydney Databricks event will be a “Getting Started” overview of Databricks using the Community Edition (free clusters!) for those who are relatively new to Databricks. We’ll look at some of the use-cases that Databricks solves and why it is surging in popularity in the data engineering world.
We’ll take a look at a real customer ML use-case and see how their challenges were solved using Databricks (demonstrating why it is the “unified analytics” platform).
If we have time we’ll also touch on Databricks role with MLOps using the Azure Machine Learning service and how to train and deploy your models at scale. Whatever we don’t get through we can do at the next meetup.
Note: you need to register on Meetup to attend…
- 5:25pm - 5:40pm
- Registration, Networking and Pizza
- 5:40pm - 6:40pm
- Getting Started on Databricks Community Edition * ML engineering
- 6:40pm - 7:00pm
- Q&A and Topics for future sessions
- 7:00pm - 7:15pm